Saturday, October 17, 2009

WOW! THAT'S PATHETIC!

Okay, so evidently I decided to take a hiatus from blogging. It's just that SOO much has been going on. Okay, so here we go...I'll do a family entry and then one for each munchkin.

AHHHH!!! KC ROCKS with her Diet Coke T gift!!! Thank you! We got to hang out at the Reid reunion AND the Merrill reunion this summer. Why yes, I did travel (mostly alone w/ 4 kids) for 21 day...thank you for asking. Actually it was WONDERFUL. It's SOOO nice to have no more teeny tiny babies. I LOVED the stage and I'm LOVING being out of it too.

And just a side note, we (me and the kids) made it home from Solitaire in Utah in 11 1/2 hours. We only stopped once in Baker City (after a prayer while driving cause the car said I only had 13 miles of gas when I finally pulled into the station...oops). I don't believe in Benadryling my kids, but I don't think that a little dehydration hurts. "Okay kids, no drinking until we're within 30 miles of the rest stop and then drink like crazy".

Yippy for my adorable cousins and sister-in-law

We hung out at Solitaire and played and played and played some more.
THEN...Nicole and Russ needed some alone time. Thank you Mom for taking the kids. It's been 2 1/2 yrs. since we had a weekend with no kids. We went to Bend, Oregon and biked, climbed (Smith Rock), played tennis and had a ball! Russ is into full out downhill biking (like riding the ski lift up and going down double black diamonds!). So I was super thankful that he just took along his normal bike and we got to bike hard, but not scary.
Then, as if watching the kids wasn't enough, Mom got me the awesome enormous mirror that I've been eying for over a year! Merry August Christmas to me!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad to see you're back to blogging. And it was SO fun seeing you this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Love the update! oh and... take that picture of me OFF of here!! what the crap Nicole! :) it was too fun seeing you, and WAY too short!

    ReplyDelete