Thursday, October 23, 2008

There's more

Okay, here are a few more highlights:




















For part of family night, we decided to try some MRE's that we had with our food storage...they were a big success with the kids...as you can see.

Honestly, I've been working for 11 years on my husband. I buy his clothes for him--steering him away from the wife-beater shirts and the AC/DC attire. But the simple truly is...once a hick, always a hick. This is how hicks go mole huntin'.

Yep, they got inside a sleeping bag, got reading material, and bounced their way down the stairs—while reading. It’s the Bouncing Books reading program!


























Holy hilarious. This is my 6 year old's and 9 year old's version of changing Case's diaper. Case kept crawling away with his bare bum. Holy funny!











Me and my little guy!












Layne (3 years old) LOVES the movie The Grinch with Jim Carrie. She wants to watch it constantly. It’s a little disheartening to random people in the grocery store when she looks at them and says, “I’ll hunt you down and gut you like a fish!”















This summer we went to Maryland to see my Dad. My brother and his family went too. The plane ride was great too. Especially when the guy beside us left and found another seat. Ironically, I thought the kids were doing amazing at the time. If he thought that was bad he would have needed his oxygen mask if he had been with Case at his peak.


Hadley was calling the nugget shaped pretzels “nuts” as we were getting ready for lunch. It was driving Layne crazy. She was getting so frustrated with Hadley, “No, Haley, it NOT a nut. It a pwetzel.” So we sat down to lunch and Russ asked Layne to say prayer. She said, “Fadder, pwease bless that Haley not call pwetzel a nut. Name Jesus Cwist. Amen.” I’m figuring we’re doing to good job of teaching Layne that prayer is talking to your Father in Heaven about things that are going on in your life rather then just saying the same thing over and over.

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE the family picture in front of the tractor - you guys look GREAT - and I'm diggin' the family t-shirts! :)

    And, um, family pictures by the front-end-loader, mole-hunting in the backyard...do your dad and your husband get along?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures, it looks like you've been your usually busy self! So much fun & the kids (and you and Russ) are freaking adorable! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and I was going to say... watch your step with the redneck hic talk! There is nothin' wrong with bein' a hic!~ Russ and I can have matching gun racks in our trucks! Woo Hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What? Regarding the mole-hunting pic in the backyard . . . I guess you can take the boy out of the valley, but you can't take the valley out of the boy! LOL!!! Such cute pictures! You have a totally adorable little family! Your kids have grown up and changed so much. So glad to finally "see" you guys again. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, where did you go? I'm waiting to see your adorable kids in Halloween Costumes!

    ReplyDelete